Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I recently was "surfin' the net" for a recipe for soft, chewy chocolate chips...you know, that stay soft and chewy, and don't get dried out and crunchy.  And I found this recipe...a little different for sure!  I tried it and it is a hit at my house...both my guys are very happy!  I was told that it's a "keeper"....so here it is!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c melted butter
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 TBL hot water
3 eggs
1 TBL vanilla
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 c corn starch 
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 c chocolate chips
Using a wooden spoon, combine butter, sugars, water, vanilla and eggs.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Stir the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips into the butter/sugars mixture.  
Mix just until combined.
Chill the dough in the refrig for at least 2 hours or overnight. (very important because of the melted butter...otherwise they will spread all over)  Just ask, I know!!!  :) 
When chilled, scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on a baking rack.  Do not overbake or they will get crispy!!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment