Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Turkey Casserole

Thanksgiving turkey . . . leftovers . . . what to do with them??  Here is a great recipe that my sister gave me several years ago . . . I have tweaked it a bit and it is one of the few casseroles that Wayne really likes!


Turkey Casserole


5-6 c cooked, cubed turkey
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 -16 oz. sour cream
1/2 c shredded sharp cheese
1 bag Pepperidge Farm Stuffing mix 
(all or part of the bag, depending on how much topping you want)
1 stick melted butter
Mix together the turkey, soup, and sour cream.  Put in a large casserole dish.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the turkey mixture.
Mix together melted butter and stuffing mix.  Pour over turkey mixture.
Bake in a 350* oven for 45 -  60 minutes . . .until bubbly.


**Note - Sometimes I make my own small bread cubes instead of stuffing mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment